Saturday, April 10, 2010

oui, je suis


Anya from oui, je suis

What are your signature pieces/ traits? wearing good quality garments, lots of silk, leather, lace and wool

What does your current wishlist consist of? I've been searching high and low for a good vintage fur coat, sadly I can't seem to find one anywhere. I have stopped a beautiful vintage fur collar the other day which I'm probably going to settle for considering australian winters aren't that cold anyway.

Whose wardrobe would you steal besides the magical one in "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"? alexa chung, that girl has EVERYTHING, and I mean everything someone would want

Fashion inspirations?  Right now, dree hemingway, but overall I love people watching, and getting alot of inspiration from street style

Favorite online shops? topshop, luisaviaroma, ebay!

Favorite local shops? Forever new, Dady's girl, little vintage stores along king st in Newtown.

How long have you been blogging? About two years

What made you decide to start blogging? I read way too many interesting blogs, and decided that I wanted to join in all the fun

How do you think you became so loved in the fashion blogging world? I had a lot of online friends from chictopia who read my blog when I first started, but besides that my blog is pretty small, definitely not as loved up as my favourite fashion bloggers

How do your friends and family support your blogging? By helping to take the occasional photo or two! :)

How long have you been interested in fashion? How did your interest develop? I'd say ever since I came to australia and got to experiment. I wasn't really "into" fashion when I was younger in the same way that I am now, but I always liked wearing interesting things.. I remember being 12 and wearing faux leather pants and a fluffy yellow shirt to school, much to the despair of everyone around me.

Where did you pick up your style? Everywhere I guess, magazines, friends, again streetstyle.. I try to take everything in and project it into clothes.

Has blogging affected your career? Has it lead you in a new direction in life? I guess so, I've taken up visual merchandising and styling.. I've also noted how much money I used to waste buying clothes from my old work place because they were so cheap and readily available. So mostly good things for the career and cash spending

Best advice to fashion lovers, bloggers and non bloggers? Pay attention to the quality of your garments and look after them, they will keep you from having that "closet full of clothes but nothing to wear" moments. and never under dress!

Personal benefits to blogging (can be immaterial or material). For me, I get to practice my writing and photography. Looking at other bloggers you can tell that the sky is the limit, all those people that started a humble little corner of thoughts and fashion and are now regarded as fashion icons. Blogging makes it easier to get where you want faster

No comments:

Post a Comment