Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Natalie Off Duty


The very polite and sweet young lady named Natalie from Natalie Off Duty was kind enough to participate in my interview series! Enjoy!

What are your signature pieces/ traits? My signature piece would definitely my black booties or combat boots. People always recognize me either from my long messy hair and height!

What does your current wishlist consist of? Right now I'm in love with oversize silk blouses. I love how they just hang on the body and are so comfortable.

Whose wardrobe would you steal besides the magical one in "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"? I'd definitely steal Dree Hemingway's wardrobe.I love how classic it is, I'm sure I'd find pieces I like.

Fashion inspirations? I love just going to the bookstore and reading all the latest magazines, and looking at the photography. The colors and lighting in editorials inspire me to bring life into the photos on my blog.

Favorite online shops? I really like Revolve and ShopBop!

Favorite local shops? I like second-hand shops and vintage stores for unique pieces. I do love the occasional Barneys visit too, only because all the clothes are so beautiful and of great quality.

How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging for about 8 months now.

What made you decide to start blogging? My sister started a fashion blog long before I did because she's a fantastic writer. Her blog is Nana in Wonderland. She showed me a bunch of fashion blogs online and I loved them. They are so fun and addicting. There are a few blogs I follow and read everyday. I've always had interest in putting together looks from my wardrobe and thought it'd be fun to create my own blog on it.

How do you think you became so loved in the fashion blogging world? I'm so happy that people from all over the world follow my blog. It's so surprising and exciting. A lot of people contact me with really supportive words. I feel it's my originality that brings attention to my blog and I feel the photography has really improved too over the months.

How do your friends and family support your blogging? My family and friends are super supportive and love checking out my latest posts. My sister even takes most of my photos!

How long have you been interested in fashion? How did your interest develop? Every since Teen Vogue came out I really got into it. The gorgeous editorials sparked my interest. That magazine is really what helped me develop my own personal style growing up.

Where did you pick up your style? I have always been really into vintage clothes. I love the unique patterns and cuts. My mom is really stylish and has always had really great style. She is the one who really got me interested in unique clothing.

Has blogging affected your career? Has it lead you in a new direction in life? My blog has definitely got my face out there more. I'm so surprised that so many fashion brands read my blog and send me clothes. It's also gotten me more work. One time I walked into a casting and they were so surprised because they were just reading my blog that morning! Fashion has always been a part of my life and it has lead me to working with really cool people in the industry.

Best advice to fashion lovers, bloggers and non bloggers? Live in the present and just don't take anything too seriously, especially fashion. With fashion, anything goes.


Personal benefits to blogging. I do receive some amazing new designer pieces of clothing. That's definitely a plus. I had no idea that would come out of my blog. I feel really grateful. I have met some really amazing people because of my blog.

2 comments: